With the pressure on to look your best for Valentine’s Day I thought I’d round up some of my favourite grooming products, just in case you need a helping hand. To read about them click on the pic below…
Fan of Hugo Boss’ Hugo Man? And of music? Then you’re likely to like the brand new Limited Edition version of this classic fragrance. Playing on a music theme, the Hugo Man Music Limited Edition bottle features a graphic equaliser detail and each box comes with a special download code for two unique musical reworkings of classic songs like Edwin Collins’ A Girl Like You, Kim Carnes’ Bette Davis Eyes and Toto’s Africa (!) by up-and-coming artists like Nina Kraviz and Kate Boy.
The fragrance itself – a crisp, juicy and woody blend of green apples, pine needles, sandalwood and cedarwood – remains the same, which is just as well given the enduring popularity it’s enjoyed since its launch almost 20 years ago.
Available from February.
Whether you’re planning something special for Valentine’s Day or hoping for a hot date at any other time, the little grooming details matter. Here are five products I rate that’ll have you ship-shape for dating success in no time. Alas, whilst I can provide grooming advice, finding a willing partner is your part I’m afraid.
1. Wahl Tripple Head Trimmer. Nothing lets a man down like ear and nose hair or errant eyebrows so deal with all three with this nifty battery-operated trimmer which has heads for all three (including an eyebrow comb guide that spares you painful plucking).
2. Yves Saint Laurent M7 Oud Absolu. My new favourite fragrance this slightly reworked-version of M7 is dense, woody and supremely sexy and though some fans of the original version complain it’s not as good, I think it’s better. When I wear it I’m irresistible (in my mind anyway).
3. Philips Azur powertool iron. Let me be clear about this: I hate ironing. So much so that I’d rather sit and flick through a bumper issue of Hello! magazine dedicated to Kate Middleton (yes, that much). In fact, I’m famous for only ironing the bits of shirts that show. Mark my words, though, prospective partners notice details like badly ironed cuffs and collars. Marketed as the ‘man iron’ – presumably because it’s sleek and black and tough as nails – this is the first first iron I’ve used that actually makes ironing a (sort of) pleasure. Looks the biz too doesn’t it?
4. Biotherm Homme high Recharge Eye Shot. If you’re on a date with someone chances are your eyes are going to be the focus of their attention. So the last thing you want is for the skin around them to look tired and puffy. This powerful anti-fatigue eye treatment, with its three rollerball delivery system, is the perfect antidote.
5. Baxter of California Hydro Salve. If you want to get kissed you at need lips that are kissable right? This balm, packed with skin-conditioning vitamins is the perfect way to keep your smackers soft and ensure some tonsil tennis.
Have fun y’all!
Looking for a great Valentine’s gift for the woman in your life? Then how about this fantastic scented candle from Jonathan Ward London? Inspired by the legendary romance between Napoleon and Jospehine and the latter’s passion for roses, Josephine’s Rose features a medley of rose notes (english rose, tuberose and tea rose) but manages to avoid being old fashioned or ‘Nanish’ thanks to a sexy, musky note of amber.
As with the Serge Lutens fragrance Tuberose Criminelle (which I reviewed here) when rose is ‘sexed-up’ by other ingredients, debased a little if you will, it always smells miles better to me.
As always Jonathan is clever with his choice of ingredients – taking something potentially ordinary and giving it his own unique twist so it becomes extraordinary. Ideal for setting the perfect bedroom mood. Just add matches and willing partner.
For more info go to www.jonathanwardlondon.com